Friday 14 October 2011


This week has been a contrast of very good and very bad occurences, and I'm deliberately posting this photo edit of London because Londoners are famous for their stamina, whatever happens they just keep going. They're survivors.

On the plus side I got my first ever university offer this week and am extremely pleased to be reassured so soon that I HAVE a place at university next year, as long as I get the grades, and I quite like this university, so they may even be my insurance choice! I'll keep waiting patiently for the others though...

On the downside I've had quite a few setbacks, disappointments and a lot of bad news today (and it's not over yet :( ) which has really brought me down from yesterday's high and thrown a real spanner in the works. I'm just so stressed, I don't even know where to start.

Looking at this photo reminds me of better times, when I seemed to have so much less on my mind at the end of summer. Remember what I said in the last post? Ironically now my friends finally have time for me I have so much schoolwork the thought of even taking a day and night off for the weekend makes me panic!

But I'll keep going, keep plodding along :) Now I have a university offer it's all about making the grades - what use would it be to quit now, when (whatever things look like at the moment) I'm ahead. All I need is a little strength and I'll do this. Here's to the hope that next week I'll be able to update in a better tone.

2 comments:

  1. Hope everythings getting better :) I'm kind of in the same position as you, except I'm not applying to uni this year - but the work is piling in isn't it?

    Congrats on having an offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D yes, work can become very stressful, I had 2 subjects set coursework in 2 days! However, though hard work and determination much can be achieved :) Hope it doesn't get you down too much!

    ReplyDelete